Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: ATT

Failed Update

I'm on a Mac, used the Desktop software and it froze in mid-update.

This is my wife's phone, so I'm not up 100% on how it's supposed to behave.  It's possible it was low on power (she had just put it on the charger) and the USB port it was connected to was non-powered (hub).

Now, all it will do have the little LED blink red twice - pause - blink red twice, repeat.  I removed the battery to reset it and nothing changes.  It won't power on.

I couldn't find anywhere on the Blackberry site or manuals what that LED sequence means.  Does it just need charged?  Does the PC version of the Desktop software offer any kind of "fixes" the Mac version doesn't?

I tried looking on the forum an in the support areas but nothing seemed to answer my questions.  Any help would be appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: Failed Update

Kind of what I'm wondering is if there's a key sequence or something that will put the phone in some kind of "failsafe" mode that the Blackberry computer software will allow it to be recognized and then re-install the OS?  The iPhone has this, but I couldn't find anything on the Blackberry site that referenced this.

New Contributor

Wow, this forum is helpful and informative.  I'm glad  I made the effort!

Smiley Mad

New Contributor

Does anyone have any good recipes for flan?

Maybe I'll check to see if there's an app for that on my new iPhone.

New Contributor

I like tacos as well.

Highlighted
New Contributor

There is nothing better than hard boiled eggs though.

I use my old blackberry, the one no one here on this "support" forum seemed to know how to fix (or even ry), to crack through the shells.  Maybe I'll take a picture with my iPhone and post!