Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco mobile
Accepted Solution

Faulty Charger for 8520

Hi. I have a broken charger for my Curve 8520. Tesco my service provider only guarantee the accessories for six months. They told me to contact RIM as they guarantee them up to 12 months. Can anyone help me find the correct way to contact someone, as I am finding the website very confusing. I emailed help@rim.com and just got an automated reply saying to look on the website..arrrr Any help gratefully received

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Faulty Charger for 8520

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The person you spoke with at your service provider is not correct. RIM services no warranties directly...none. All warranty service is provided via the service providers...who can escalate into RIM for situations they cannot resolve. You have no free method by which to request any service direct from RIM...none. Only via escalation from your service provider can you receive such assistance. So, go back to them and instruct them to escalate your case until you receive the appropriate response.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco mobile

Re: Faulty Charger for 8520

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply and advice. I will have a try with the service provided but based on the time spent so far I think a charger from ebay might be the easiest option!

Thanks again