Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: T Mobile

Faulty connection to 'in car' blue tooth devices (9860)

Can anyone help before I lob this phone into the nearest bin!

I have had a 9860 for two years and by and large it's been fine. The Bluetooth connection to my car has been great. It allows me to operate the phone from the large in-car display screen which is a safe way of working especially as I need to make lots of calls from the car whilst working.

Howver, since 7th January, the phone does not connect to the car properly. It thinks it connects immediately and thinks it is making a call for the whole duration of the journey, be it 5 minutes or 5 hours, cancels the car's radio. This means travelling in silence since the radio won't come on again until I manually disconnect the Bluetooth using 'Manage Connections' on the handset. This means that I cannot get my essential travel report updates to avoid jams.

If I want to make a an actual real call, I can do this handsfree using the handset to find contacts etc but this is extremely unsafe whilst driving and not to be recommended.

I'm now in a situation whereby, If I want the travel reports, I have to disconnect the bluetoooth so that the car's radio comes on or, if I want to make calls, I have no travel news so I drive into jams and have to use the phone handset as the method of dialling intead of the car's screen. I have tried this on five different cars and the same happens so it can't be the bluetooth causing the problem.

I hope I've explained it okay.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Mike

New Contributor

Re: Faulty connection to 'in car' blue tooth devices (9860)

Any joy with this one anyone?

New Contributor

Re: Faulty connection to 'in car' blue tooth devices (9860)

Ahha, I mysteriously received an update this morning and he presto I've got my in car bluetooth working fine again.