Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Faulty touchscreen!

Hi...I just got my Torch a month and a half ago and the touchscreen is acting up.  My phone is a Mexico 5 model with the latest 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105).  I have pulled the battery numerous times which fixes it for maybe an hour or a day depending.  I have run virus scans, recalibrated my touchscreen (set at 450, 600 and 5) and nothing works for long. I love my phone but am getting seriously pissed off at it! When acting up the touchscreen won't toggle up but side to side instead, if I try to type a certain letter on the keyboard like the "a", it will type the "s"....when I try to delete the "s" all I get is "a a a a a...." etc. Now the screen will make a weird clicking sound when I touch it...but not all the time.  What is going on here!  Please help!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Faulty touchscreen!

Take it back as fast as you can. ATT is an premium service and when you pay a premium, you deserve a functional product.  My experience with touchscreen problems are that they are caused by a manufacturing defect and a new phone is the only reliable answer.