Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Favourite apps and other questions

I have a new Playbook Smiley Happy but I'm disappointed there is no BBM app for it yet  When am I likely to get it? I understand the only way is by using bridge to connect my Torch to the Playbook which sort of seems daft, I may as well just use the Torch.

Also DocstoGo, is this just a trial version or a full but basic version?

What's your favourite app?

Any tips for a newbie please? 

@SillohZil on Twitter
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Favourite apps and other questions

currently on way to get BBM is via bridge. it works very well. fav apps? i have too many to list.

pixel legions is a fav of mine for games.

camera is a fav too and display on my tv in 1080 is sweet.

kids are digging the learning apps

wife loves kobo for her reading club

this is just a scratch of it all

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

thanks knotty, i shall look at what you mention. re bbm, i will try using it via the bridge. whilst posting, i'm in the uk and dont see a podcast icon, is this common to the uk?
@SillohZil on Twitter
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i hear it might be a uk issue. i have to ask around more

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Trusted Contributor

I have just spoken to someone from BB support, there is not going to be a fix for this, so no podcast availability in th Uk for the foreseeable future.
@SillohZil on Twitter
Guru III
My Device:

Thanks for confirming it.

Did you call PlayBook support?

how was your experience?

Trusted Contributor

My experience is excellent.  I am on my 90 day free support at the moment and when I first got the Playbook it wouldn't go through the set up.  After literally hours on the phone with 'Andy' who kept ringing me back with more things for me to try, it finally went through!  Previously I'd spoken with a lady, who today rang to see if I was happy with the playbook, she asked if there were other queries so I told her about the lack of Podcasts, the inability to access Soundcloud files, and how to delete stuff.  Again she was very helpful.

@SillohZil on Twitter