Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Few problems.... Please help

Hi Guys,

First time BB user here.

AT&T told me not to use WIFI until the next software issue because 3g and data lost.. IS this true?

My GMAIL EMAIL icon stops responding after an hour or so. It will show that i indeed received the new email but no email inside to be found. Luckyly, I have the messaging service where I try to do everything from there. It is annoying though. Please help.

For some odd reason, the att maps and navigation icon goes to old version look and maybe 10 -15 minutes later comes back to updated version of the icon.

I turn off the phone in every style possible way but still consumes battery some how. Should I remove the battery or what??

the pictures for the contacts through facebook and even the gmail disappeared and doesn't show on the contacts.

For the first time today, my browswer froze. I couldn't open it and pull the battery out. it fixed the problem but not sure if it will come back again. I noticed it because RSS feeds reuters wouldn't open the full story. I was like what the hell... and then I noticed it was the browser issue.

This is important..... How do I make the emails not to be all together?? I tried the options and options are correct. They are not together in the messaging center but like 8-9 emails would be together with GMAIL icon.

GOOGLE MAP ... whats up with GPS unavailable????? 1000 meters off target???? Come on RIM. I don't have the blackberry MAP ... i will not use the ATT maps because they charge after 1 month.

I have few days left and was wondering If i should return the BB get the iphone 4 or something? I really like the phone but it is so bugy. I know this because I exchanged 2 others like this and they were the same.

Please help.... Tell me about the wifi issue at least Smiley Happy they (ATT) told me not to turn it on RIM is working on it. Smiley Happy

I have the TORCH 9800 .. latest software

6.0 278  (v6.0.0.141 Platform 6.4.0.64)

with AT&T

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Few problems.... Please help

kkbulut wrote:

Hi Guys,

First time BB user here.

AT&T told me not to use WIFI until the next software issue because 3g and data lost.. IS this true? I have seen it on the forums, has not affected me yet.

My GMAIL EMAIL icon stops responding after an hour or so. It will show that i indeed received the new email but no email inside to be found. Luckyly, I have the messaging service where I try to do everything from there. It is annoying though. Please help.

For some odd reason, the att maps and navigation icon goes to old version look and maybe 10 -15 minutes later comes back to updated version of the icon.

I turn off the phone in every style possible way but still consumes battery some how. Should I remove the battery or what??

the pictures for the contacts through facebook and even the gmail disappeared and doesn't show on the contacts.

For the first time today, my browswer froze. I couldn't open it and pull the battery out. it fixed the problem but not sure if it will come back again. I noticed it because RSS feeds reuters wouldn't open the full story. I was like what the hell... and then I noticed it was the browser issue.

This is important..... How do I make the emails not to be all together?? I tried the options and options are correct. They are not together in the messaging center but like 8-9 emails would be together with GMAIL icon.

GOOGLE MAP ... whats up with GPS unavailable????? 1000 meters off target???? Come on RIM. I don't have the blackberry MAP ... i will not use the ATT maps because they charge after 1 month.

I have few days left and was wondering If i should return the BB get the iphone 4 or something? I really like the phone but it is so bugy. I know this because I exchanged 2 others like this and they were the same.

Please help.... Tell me about the wifi issue at least Smiley Happy they (ATT) told me not to turn it on RIM is working on it. Smiley Happy

I have the TORCH 9800 .. latest software

6.0 278  (v6.0.0.141 Platform 6.4.0.64)

with AT&T

Google maps has been fine for me. i am also running  a leaked version of OS with no issues.

I use enhanced Gmail plug in with out issue, but only email and no contacts or calendar is used.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

how can we all have different version? Yours is fine but mine is not.

Is there a way for us to find out if RIM is working on the software update? And to see what they are working to repair? If we see the things they are working on notice that it is not what we have problem with at least we can return the item or something.

I changed  my 3gs because it dropped calls like crazy. But now i have to worry if I will lose my data plan or not with this phone lol Smiley Happy There is always a catch some how.

Also, i can't find a solution to 2.9mb download limit ... what the heck is that? The wife sends a video of her over seas the file is 3.0 mb i can't open it or download. I did find a way to go to browser and open from html version of gmail but why should i do that? I get excel files from work especially on a budget season.. they are at least 6 mbs ... what am I going to do with those?

Anyway, I really don't know.. If RIM is fixing the issue or at least some of it, i can live with the torch but at least we should know. I can go get the iphone 4. I will drop calls but at least i know the reason or expected.Everything else is top notch with the phone at least.

Thank you so much for your help by the way. I forgot to thank you Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I called AT&T and it is true about not using the wifi or you will be unable to send and retrieve e-mail via 3G.  Some phones get affected immediately and others can take weeks to months before it happens, but it will happen.  We have to wait for the upgrade in the OS from RIM before that will be fixed, I hope.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have been on stock os, 225 and 246 and I have not been affected by the so called wifi issue. I have 5 users with Torch and quite a few friends that have not had the issue. There seems to be no common ground to base it on.

I have disabled APN since no apps on my device use it.

or you can reset your APN settings to the default from the menu under TCP IP (the same place where APN can be disabled):

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP > Menu > Reset to Defaults .

I disabled APN and the browser is twice as fast now.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

kkbulut wrote:

how can we all have different version? Yours is fine but mine is not. I have a leaked os

Is there a way for us to find out if RIM is working on the software update? And to see what they are working to repair? Dont we wish If we see the things they are working on notice that it is not what we have problem with at least we can return the item or something. Huh?

I changed  my 3gs because it dropped calls like crazy. But now i have to worry if I will lose my data plan or not with this phone lol Smiley Happy There is always a catch some how.  It is a BIS email limit.

Also, i can't find a solution to 2.9mb download limit ... what the heck is that? The wife sends a video of her over seas the file is 3.0 mb i can't open it or download. I did find a way to go to browser and open from html version of gmail but why should i do that? I get excel files from work especially on a budget season.. they are at least 6 mbs ... what am I going to do with those?Are you on BES? BES will open them and let you see them. I have opened up 15 meg sheets before on BES.

Anyway, I really don't know.. If RIM is fixing the issue or at least some of it, i can live with the torch but at least we should know. I can go get the iphone 4. I will drop calls but at least i know the reason or expected.Everything else is top notch with the phone at least.RIM is always working upon improving their OS. I still see OS upgrades for the 8700 (yeah its old) that has been out for a long time now.

Thank you so much for your help by the way. I forgot to thank you Smiley Happy Welcome