Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

File Free / File Total?

What do these numbers mean: "File Free: 8051328 Bytes" and "File Total:47841280 Bytes"? Am I too close to the 'total (?storage) capacity of this phone?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: File Free / File Total?

File Free means available free space in your device and File Total means total available memory in your device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830

Looking at the the numbers you supplied, you have 8 out of approx. 64MB available for additional useSmiley Happy
Phil
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

can someone explain where is the difference ?
doing Menu >> Database sizes, I end up with about 1000K used.
I have file total about 54M
and file free about 16M.

no application or theme since I can't install them. In the blackberry memory, nothing apart from the things hat came with the Blackberry in the box.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Not sure if this helps, but check out this article: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15345
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.