Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: File copied

sweetheartmm wrote:
Never mind this BB bold it's not important in this case anymore.

OK. But now, given that, I am completely lost as to what we are trying to accomplish...

sweetheartmm wrote:
What I did in the beginning is just to plug in the BB curve on the laptop and copied all the files from the BB curve to the desktop (not the back up process) then delete all the files in the drive e: where BB curve was. So the BB curve was emptied when I gave it to my friend.

No, it was not. It was emptied of all of the user-accessible files, but not the databases that contain all of the data, including the Contacts:

• KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

From what you describe, none of the data within those databases would have been touched.

For future reference, here is the officially recommended process when transferring ownership of a BB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

But, in this case, not having done that may be fortuitous!

sweetheartmm wrote:
Then file copied is on her laptop (desktop) After a week I plug in the BB curve to drive E and copied that file from the laptop (desktop) to her BB curve. 

Again, are we still talking about the BBB file? If so, then having that file reside on the BB is useless...it cannot be used for anything at all if it resides on the BB.

sweetheartmm wrote:
Then that is only when I did the back up process using BB Desktop Software.

OK...so...I'm not sure now what to say next...for I do not know what you wish to accomplish now...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi sdgardne, please please don't give up on me. You're my only hope. I wish to see my contacts from my old BB curve. When I gave it to my friend for free (cos I have BB bold now) I wanted to delete all files from it. So I used a connector from the BB curve to her laptop then copied all files from BB curve to laptop. Then deleted all files from the BB curve. I was not using BB Desktop Software on that process. So now I wish to see the contacts I copied to the laptop. Please bear with me. Thanks very much indeed.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Again, based on that, you DID NOT copy the contacts to the laptop at all. Nor did you delete them from the Curve.

But, again, you must validate that by looking, on the Curve, into the Contacts app and see what is there.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Ok I will do that tomorrow when I see her. Then let you know. Cheers