Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Filters

Hi

I use the Blacberry Pearl.  I went on line and set up my email address so that I get work emails on my Blackberry (we use MS Outlook 2003 and MS Exchange).  I get emails if I don't have any filter but if I use the filter I don't get the emails I am expecting, so it would appear I don't understand the filters.  However, I am not dumb and I can read the instructions, so I can't work out what the problem is.  Is there something strange I should know about?

Thanks 

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Filters

Can you give an example of a filter you've created, the expected result, and what is happening.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

OK.  I am puting in @domain.com in to the filter and I am expecting to receive ONLY those emails from people with email addresses that end with "@domain.com".  I did not get them so I then put the full email address of those people I communicate with and again I did not get anything.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Every item within a filter must be met for the filter to apply. Can you list all the exact settings within your filter?
New Contributor

OK.  This is what I did.

1.  Gave the filter a name.

2.  In the "Apply filter when:" box I selected "From" field.

3.  In the "Contains" box I entered the full e-mail address of the people I want to receive e-mails from.  Each address is seperated by a semi-colon.

4.  I then selected "Do not forward messages to devise".  Is this where the error is?

Thanks

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

by selecting do not forward it is not delivering the message ...
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Highlighted
New Contributor

I changed this and checked the  box "Forward messages to device" on the 2nd. page and I am still not getting messages.

Now I have change the box on the 1st. page "When no filters apply" to "Forward messages to devise" (see below).  This should mean I get ALL messages, so let's see what happens now.