Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: KPN

Find out what went wrong (after resetting to factory default settings)

Hi guys,

Looked everywhere in the manuals...but can't seem to find the answer, to my rather specific question.

I made the mistake of typing the wrong password one too many times, resulting in a wipe.

White screen, and after about 30 minutes it restarted as normal, like after an update, but everything was gone.

I think my Bold is reset to factory default settings; every app and all other info, pictures etc. are gone.

The problem is, the phone is property of the company I work for, and I'm afraid that I would have to pay for my stupidity (costs for reinstalling and resetting my phone by IT staff). I'm wondering, if they can somehow "track" my stupid mistake, maybe there's somekind of log file or event file that shows how the reset has been initiated?

Thanks in advance,

Suzie

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Find out what went wrong (after resetting to factory default settings)

If you're on a BES then all you need to do is contact your IT department and get an Enterprise Activation password. It takes them about 30 seconds and you then type your email address and that password in the Enterprise Activation menu in Options.

They will know your device is no longer connected to the BES. doubt they would charge you because you typed in the wrong password.

I have to ask, though, why did you type in the wrong password so many times? It's usually set to 10 times so it's not usually by accident unless you really don't know the password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: KPN

Thanks John,

My password settings were changed to 5 times...my employer is a policedepartment, so they pretty much controll every app or setting like that. I got the phone with everything pre-installed and pre-set. Because of security reasons of course. That's why I wondered if, after the device is wiped, they have a possibility to find out why I wiped my phone.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

They know what happens when a password is entered wrong. they are not going to fault you for "forgetting" your password. They will simply give you a new EA password and you will be on your way with no issues, I'm sure. Just ask them. They do get reports when a device is not communicating with the server so the longer you wait, the more questions they might ask, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!