Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

First ever Blackberry

Finally made the move to a Blackberry Bold on the Rogers network. Never owned a BB product before. There are two specific tasks that I would like to perform. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1) I would like to retrieve files stored on my personal FTP server via the use of a compliant BB FTP client. Today, I tried both BeFTP and Pader-Sync and could not connect with either one.

2) Move excel and word documents from my PC to BB without having to email each and every file to my blackberry.net email account.

Thank you all in advance.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: First ever Blackberry

1) I would like to retrieve files stored on my personal FTP server via the use of a compliant BB FTP client. Today, I tried both BeFTP and Pader-Sync and could not connect with either one.

Sorry no idea 

2) Move excel and word documents from my PC to BB without having to email each and every file to my blackberry.net email account.

You can use the device like a external hard drive, so if you connect the device to the pc, and chose windows explorer, you can add the files to the device.

If you have installed Blackberry Desktop Manager you can do it with Media too. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: First ever Blackberry

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. It is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day!

You can use the device like a external hard drive, so if you connect the device to the pc, and chose windows explorer, you can add the files to the device.

If you have installed Blackberry Desktop Manager you can do it with Media too.