Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

First uncaught exception, then App Error 523

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

I hope somebody can help me with this:

My BB Curve 8520 worked fine until this morning when I turned it on and couldn't access SMS, E-mail or Webbrowser.

After a while I got the message "Uncaught exception: net_rim_bb_messaging_app(94) is not responding; process terminated"

I switched off a few times, took out the battery a few times - nothing changed.

I checked the Forum and followed the advice here , i.e.:

• I did the new registration twice (...Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables.  Once here, you can press the BB Menu button and select Register Now...)
  • I deleted a few apps I had installed about a month or longer ago - at least those where I got an option to delete them - and restarted: nothing...

Then I started to get a white screen with "App Error 523" in tiny font and the option to reset. Reset didn't change anything either. It just restarts as normal with all the settings but without access to SMS etc.

When the device is on, I seem to receive SMS and e-mails, I just can't access them... after a while I get the "uncaught exception" message again, then the "app error 523" and then it restarts.

I can't connect to the Desktop Manager either.

Btw: software version 5.0 bundle 1168.

I saw this thread on the forum but am uncertain if it actually applies to "my" problem...

If anybody has suggestions, please let me know - any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

sjk2011

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: First uncaught exception, then App Error 523

Hi everybody,

I meanwhile tried the solution somebody recommended for an app error 523 earlier.

Problem: At step 4, the "application loader wizard" recognises my USB-PIN.

Should I still continue or will that make matters worse?

Thanks a lot,

Silvia