Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: SingTel

Flash Memory Problem - Automatically Reducing

I do use bold 9700 (have been using it for few years); in last few years I had to wipe the device 2 time as one it became fully unstable and another time I have getting sudden application error msg in white screen.

Recently, another round I started to face slow performance, extreme low flash memory below 5MB); initially I have Tried to do the followings:

1) Change the save E-mail setting from 120 days to 60 days

2) Delete few numbers of the applications.

Result: still not improved; flash memory showing free as 10MB; while only 3 application was installed; even I have deleted the games too!

This time round, I have set a different strategy to wipe; instead of full wipe; wiped the "user installed application" under the  security option -->> Security Wipe -->> and seen 73MB FREE space for application.

Upon this successful operation; I have installed the applications I do need (though haven't started to use it like the messengers) ; after installation of all apps free flash memory was 56MB

In last few days (less than 1 week) I have noticed it has automatically dropped to 48MB; even I have done hard-reboot too.

Any idea, how its happening!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Flash Memory Problem - Automatically Reducing

Hello mfnaim,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

These articles will provide you with more information regarding memory Management for your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone:

What is the Low Memory Manager feature on the BlackBerry smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02843

The following article should help with maximizing your device memory:

How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone -
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: SingTel

Re: Flash Memory Problem - Automatically Reducing

Well, I have done a security wipe (applications only) and later installed few application and apparently its working well. It was surely one of the application was consuming flash memory or its capatured data.

Thanks for the support and this update may help other users