Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: bell

Flickering Screen Problem: Advice please!!!

I notice a white flicker at the right hand and bottom edge of the screen when I click to <switch applications>.  Has anyone else had the same problem, and if so, is there any advice you can give me (what can the store do for me, do I have the right to ask for a new torch, etc).

This flickering happens sometimes, but not all the time.

I am worried that this flickering is a sign of a bigger problem (e.g. eventual screen failure).

I have had my torch for 9 days.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Flickering Screen Problem: Advice please!!!

It doesn't sound like the famous battery pull will fix this one.  I'd suggest, by your description, that it's a hardware problem as opposed to a software one (although if it just happens while switching applications, I could be wrong).

It sounds like a return visit to the store might be in order.  Show them the problem and maybe walk out with a new phone.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: bell

Re: Flickering Screen Problem: Advice please!!!

Thank you for you advice.

To answer you question, the screen flickers like this only when I click "switch app".

Fortunately, the store agreed to replace it. I hope the new one won't have this problem.

Thanks!