Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Folder afterclosing e-mail

When I am viewing an e-mail in my Inbox,and I Reply to or Delete or just close the e-mail, the box that I go back to is not always my Inbox. Sometimes it's Sent Items.  Sometimes it's the full Mail menu. This is really annoying. I've gone through the Options menu and the User's Guide that came with the phone and haven't been able to find any instructions on whatever setting I need to make so that after I have viewed an e-mail in my Inbox, I go back to the Inbox each time.  I went back 31 pages in the forum thinking this must have come up before but didn't find anything.  Hope someone has some ideas.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830

Re: Folder afterclosing e-mail

My preference is to only keep the "Messages" icon on my desktop (not any of my 3 email account icons), which shows: inbox & sent (for all 3 boxes), SMS messages, and voicemails. Frankly, I didn't know you could isolate just say ... inbox ... But now you've got my curiosity up!
Phil
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Folder afterclosing e-mail

Thanks, Phil.  The "Mail" icon is the only mail-related icon I have on the desktop.  There must be a way to tell the device to return to the Inbox after replying or deleting, like there is in Outlook.  I just haven't found it yet.