Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, OS6, Bundle 2475 (v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207)
My Carrier: Cricket

Folder keeps disappearing from homescreen

Hello Smiley Very Happy

I recently installed a BBM Popup application which I love using, however these application types require saving chat history to the device in order for them to work. Unfortunately, the only feature missing from this Popup app is a "clean history" feature & being a person who needs to keep her beloved BB Bold 9780 clean from clutter at all times, I searched for my chat history folder & placed it on my home screen for easy access/cleaning. The problem I'm having now is the folder disappears from the home screen everytime I need to restart my BB. Is there a reason why it won't remain on the home screen? Is there a way to fix this? It's so annoying to have to do this over & over again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time Smiley Very Happy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Folder keeps disappearing from homescreen

hello,

can you explain what you do to "place it on my home screen" ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hello Smiley Very Happy

I searched for the folder, chose "Add to home screen" + checked "Mark as Favorite" + Add & it showed up Smiley Very Happy But after ANY restart it disappears so I have to go through the above process again each time Smiley Sad
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

is that folder on your device memory or on the media card?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

This is the thing. I've made a shortcut from the device & the media card just to test if it made a difference & no matter which one it still disappears Smiley Sad
Contributor

So I assume no one knows why this keep happening? :'(

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Please take a close look where actually this folder gets back from Home screen. Don't search it, check every folder one by one.

Also ensure you have selected Show All Icons option by pressing menu key > option on Home screen

Contributor

I made a shortcut for this folder on the homescreen again, restarted & did what you said. After the restart it was missing as I knew would happen. I searched all the folders on the homescreen & it wasn't there. It's back where I found it Smiley Sad Show all icons was active.  I've made a shortcut before for another application but into a folder on the homescreen & it always stays there. So I don't know. I give up Smiley Sad