Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Ford Sync issues

Hello Everyone,

I have been looking for postings or bulletins for issue's with Ford Sync (Microsoft Sync system built in to my car so that hands free calling and texting can occur) and my Bold 9000 on both the Sync and BB sites. 

Currently my issue is that the sync system says that the text to speech for text messaging is unsupported for my phone.  I am wondering which side of the  communication is coming from.  My last phone (Sony Ericsson) worked just fine through text to speech for text messaging.  From what I have been able to tell from all the boards I have read, not all information is created equal for transmitting Bluetooth.  I realize that BB messenger will not be transmitted but a regular SMS text message should be uploaded through Bluetooth to my car system as past phones have.

If anyone knows which direction to point me in, that would be greatly appreciated.

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Ford Sync issues

If verizon is your carrier the text to chat feature will not work. they said the carrier does not support it.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same problem, my carrier is Rogers, but it comes up as unsupported.

My old Motorola flip was fine!

Anyone know of a fix?

There must be thousands of Ford owners with Blackberrys!

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Various

BB lack Basic Printing Profile (BPP). www.bluetooth.com/English/Technology/Works/pages/bpp.aspx
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have a 2011 Ford Edge...Seems as though there is a problem between Sync and BB on my side...My texts only come across about 30% of the time and every time I am streaming Pandora, the bluetooth streaming connection is lost after a short time...usually between 5 mins and 30 minutes.

My wife's I phone seems to work a lot better with the car...Thinking it is an issue with the way BB's bluetooth works.

yes, I do have latest updates for both the car and the phone...

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: bell

Hi there, just wondering if you got any resolution on this matter?  I know its been a few years now, but I am having a similar issue.  My blackberry worked fine with sync until Dec when they performed an update, and now I cannot use the features you mentioned in your original post.  Ford, sync, and the dealership are no help.

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I've been looking over the posts and haven't found much help.  I didn't really give it much thought once I got various BBs to connect with the basics.  I have a 2009 F150 Platinum so not the newest Sync but, my daughter just got a 2013 Fusion and uses one of those nasty "i things" and has found no luck with texting via bluetooth with that either.  She found a list of phones and what feature would work with Sync and it's pretty stange....an old Razor was one of the few that would do the text via bluetooth. 

"Hands Free" is still pretty much a dream.....