Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Forgot my user name & password

Hi

Today I tried accessing my email accounts, entered into internet mail account, suddenly my user name and password were blank and I totally forogt them both. I never needed them in the past whenever adding or removing email account, therefore, I never memorized or wrote them down.

Now, I am totally out from eamil settings becuase I forgot my internet mail account user name & password

Would appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Forgot my user name & password

Hello,

If you don't know your BIS credentials (that's what I think you are talking about), you must contact your carrier (Orange) for assistance as they manage that account for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I talked to Orange. The email accounts are OK however, the problem is the access to email accounts that requires login & password and those were processed originally when I first time entered and configured my email accounts.
This is the log in & password that I forgot and Orange said that they can't help since it is my personal log & password.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Try again. Whoever you talked to is misinformed. From what you are describing, your BlackBerry Internet Service account credentials are what you need...and Orange manages that account for you. They indeed do have the ability to reset the account for you. They may have to shut it down and recreate it, but they can fix it. Indeed, ONLY they can fix it. If you get the same answer, be gently persistent and request escalation. Be sure you are using the correct terms...your BIS account credentials is what this is about. Your email account credentials are totally irrelevant.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Many thanks. The issue is solved with the second call.
Hall of Famer III

Excellent! Enjoy!

My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: telcel

how do i get back my password and user name
Hall of Famer III

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

shady-morrison wrote:
how do i get back my password and user name

To what, please? This thread is discussing specifically BIS credentials...but, as old as this thread is, BIS credentials may or may not apply to your situation since many carriers have merged BIS credentials into BBID. So, please be much more detailed and explicit about exactly what your situation is, so that we can understand and hopefully provide you with useful guidance.

Thanks and let us know!