Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Forgot password - final password attempt

I'm on my final password attempt and I think I know what it is but don't want to risk wiping the phone. If I leave my phone for a few hours and go back to it then will I be able to attempt another 10 times?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Forgot password - final password attempt

NO,

If you remember the password then why you tried 9 wrong attempts, hope you have taken backup of your device earlier or BlackBerry Protect enabled in your device otherwise you may be in trouble.

Good luck

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

I've only just remembered what it might be.

How about if I take the battery out and leave it for a bit? Will it allow me to try again without resetting?

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Nopes

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello laurena86

As unleashurself already mentioned , No you cannot reset the counter . You can perform a Battery pull Restart and after reboot , your device will prompt you to enter the Device password , then you have to enter the correct password .

I think you You might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

laurena86

• And you enter l > a >u > r > e > n > a > alt > 8 >6
  •  the actual result will be = laurena8f
  • You must enter
  • l > a > u > r > e > n > a > alt > 8 > alt > 6
  •  to get laurena86 on your device.

So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing laurena86, you are actually typing laurena8f. Think carefully and then enter the password .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.