Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 9380
My Carrier: Starhub

Forgotten Blackberry password and security question answer

I have a problem signing in my current blackberry id. I forgot both the password and security question answer. As a result, I am unable to use BBM. How to reset the password? I have read many forums and yet all of them did not work.

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Forgotten Blackberry password and security question answer

Hello wijaya0592 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty resetting your BlackBerry ID password.

If you are unable to answer the security question, you will need to create a new BlackBerry ID account.

Using a different email address, go to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid to create a new account. It's recommended you verify your email by clicking on the Welcome email. 

To keep your BBM contacts, downgrade your BBM to version 6 (available here) then use Desktop Software to backup your data. See KB12487 How to back up the data on a BlackBerry smartphone

After you have backed up your device, you will need to do a security wipe to remove the old BlackBerry ID. See KB14058.

Once the wipe has completed, login with your new BlackBerry ID and restore your data. After the restore, you can update your BBM by going to www.bbm.com 

Hope this helps.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!