Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Forgotten PAssword

I forgot my password to my BB Torch9860. Can anyone help

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Forgotten PAssword

No, nobody can. Smiley Sad

If you don't remember your password, nobody can help you....not your carrier, not RIM, nobody. I only hope you did a data backup beforehand otherwise all will be lost.

Sorry for the bad news but that's a BlackBerry for ya.....very secure. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Torch9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Is the phone useless now?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

It's not useless but all personal information that you put on it such as email accounts, apps, photos/videos, etc., will be deleted if you incorrectly enter the right password within (maximum) ten attempts.  If you don't enter the correct password, the phone will wipe itself of all data and will be in the state in which it arrived from the factory.  Once at that point, you can easily restore all personal items from a data backup, if you did one.

If you weren't lucky enough to have done a data backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software, BlackBerry Protect or some other third-party app, you'll have nothing to restore to the phone.  If that's the case, bite the bullet on this one and make sure you do regular backups in the future.

I hope that explains things.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.