Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3

Forgotten blackberry app world password

After turning phone off and back on again, I lost BBM app. Tried to re download from app world but can't remember password even after the clue. Can anyone advice how to reset password
j0k
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Forgotten blackberry app world password

Go to this link: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword/

to reset your BlackBerry ID password.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

You can also go if you just need to download BBM app. Go to on your device or computer to

http://www.blackberry.com/bbm

This will take you to a page where you can download it if you are going there from the device or you can send a link to your phone.
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3

Thankyou happy days
1r
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe

I also forgot my password and i tried to guess it until my last attempt. I can't access my email also because it's not existing anymore. what do i do?

My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: cell c

hiSmiley Happy

i have the same problem as you, and i was wondering if you have solved it yet?

if you have i would really appreciate it if you would help meSmiley Happy

thank you so muchSmiley HappySmiley Happy (TO ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY CAN HELP ALSOSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy )

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

So when you go to the reset page what happens? Did you use your BlackBerry email address as your BlackBerry ID email?
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: cell c

That's the thingSmiley Sad I can't get to the reset page..
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: virgin

hi need 2 reset my email address and password please help. many thanks wendy

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

wendy1976 wrote:

hi need 2 reset my email address and password please help. many thanks wendy

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You may have a big challenge...refer to these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

If you know your BB ID credentials, then you can use one of the methods in KB26361. But, if you do not know your credentials, then you must first use the other password reset methods, and those require that you have access to the email account presently associated with the BB ID...and that email access must be from OTHER THAN the BB interface to that email account.

So, depending on the rest of your circumstances, you may have some hard choices to make. Please clarify your complete circumstances, in light of the information above, and we'll see if we can get you going in the right direction.

Good luck and let us know! 

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................