Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Formalities to be followed to block lost Blackberry . Urgent ! SOS

I have lost my Blackberry instrument today. I was able to make my sim inoperative by requesting service-provider Vodafone. My phone contains very imp data which should not fall into wrong hands.  I had noted down the IMEI number of my instrument. Now, how do I get the phone inoperative using the EMEI number ? Who should I  be approaching for this ? Will Blackberry do this for me ? Kindly help. I am distressed.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Formalities to be followed to block lost Blackberry . Urgent ! SOS

Hello,

This thread contains all there is concerning your unfortunate situation:

Given how important the data on your BB is, we can only hope that you were using a device lock password, for that will ensure that your data is indeed protected. If you did not use that, well...what can I say...good security capabilities can be provided, but it requires that the human actually use them in order to be effective.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................