Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry bold
My Carrier: Washington

Formatted blackberry phone, no backup

My Blackberry phone was formatted by chance. When trying to check the photos stored there on my laptop, I also mistakenly write some new game files on the phone card. Are there still chances for me to get back the blackberry photos? I just have not updated my data backups. Please, help me.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Formatted blackberry phone, no backup

I doubt the photos are recoverable. The chances would be slim to none after formatting the device, and writing over the media card.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: New York

Re: Formatted blackberry phone, no backup

That’s why you should always make and update data backups regularly. Just take care not to make that mistake again next time.

But, right now, it sounds like some of your original phone photos have been overwritten by the games files. But, don’t panic! You may still have chances to get back the undamaged photos back with data recovery software.

There are many similar ones that can help you somehow, such as PhotoRec, Recuva, 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free and more.

Just try to find your needed photos back as many as possible.

From now on, remind yourself to make data backups all the time.