Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: STC

Formatting my BB 9700

By mistake i connected my Blackberry 9700 to my company Pc and it became a part of the company network and domain.

Now i cant access the network or any network based application or even my corporate mail.

I need to format my machine and restore to factory default.

Anyone can please tell me how?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Formatting my BB 9700

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Hang on...which is the problem. The BB or the PC? It's a little hard to tell from your post...

If it's the BB and BES, then you need to go see your BES admins to wipe and reload your BB. (I'm guessing you have BES...but again, hard to tell for sure...)

If it's the BB and not BES, then you can use this procedure to reset to factory:

• KB18998 How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Note that you still need a PC, with the RIM DTM software installed, to do this.

If it's the PC, then you need those techs for that.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................