Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Forwarding Text messages as email

Hi

Is there a way (or easy way) to have any text message that my storm receives be forwarded to an email account so that I can view it when my phone is off? thanks for any help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Forwarding Text messages as email

Hi!

Since SMS is carrier-controlled (rather than device controlled), you'd probably have to ask them about that. My guess would be NO...but I also don't use SMS much at all.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually, there is a way. When you bring up the text you want to forward, push the menu button and select Forward. Type in the e-mail address of the person you want to forward it to and then hit the menu key and send the message out. That is the only way I know how to forward an SMS to an E-mail and it works on Verizon. It will also depend on how long it will take your carrier to forward it to an e-mail, with verizon, it's almost instant unless Verizon has a lag issue.

Message Edited by JediKnight007 on 03-19-2009 02:05 PM
Message Edited by JediKnight007 on 03-19-2009 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yeah...I was thinking that might be possible...but the OP wanted the forward to happen when the device is Off, which would require a carrier-hosted solution rather than a device-hosted solution. Good thinking, though!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

You're correct, I was interested in the forwarding when the device is off - I will check with the carrier, thanks for reply.
New Contributor

I have never done one where the device is off, Let me know how that works.