Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Found Google Maps for the Storm

Duh! I looked there before I posted, but didn't see it. Now, it's there. thanks!!!

Sorry is this has been answered before but I'm new to BB and the storm. I will do a better job or reviewing prior posts in the future.

Is there any way to to use addresses in the contacts for directions either in Google maps or BB maps.

Thanks,

Jeff

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

addresses in the contacts for directions either in Google maps or BB maps

In Google maps you cannot pull address from your BB Contacts.

In BB Maps yes. When you use the menu and click get directions one of the options it offers you is to pull from your contacts.

Also I use Verizon's VZ Navigator. That also will pull from BB contacts.

Contributor

Thanks for posting G-Maps info! Smiley Wink
Contributor

I believe that google maps is an app already loaded and in the applications folder of the BB Storm.

The GPS function appears to be disabled.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

GPS is enabled in OPYIONS -> ADVANCED -> GPS SERVICE set to ON as well as LOCATION AIDING ENABLED

I am in Mexico and getting better GPS satelite count than Brother in Law's HP iPaq.

I get bbMaps to get more and better satelite readings (even sometimes indoors).

I exit it then try Google Maps.

It is less exact and unreliable compared to bbMap.

bbMaps at least has status of GPS condition.

I will compare to TomTom later when back in Boston area.

A point mentioned often is make sure no other App like bbMaps and  Google Maps are both running at same time.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

IraIHB wrote:

Found Google Maps for the Storm. Open the Storm's browser go to http://www.google.com/gmm . Either set your browser to BB Browser or bookmark it and then change the bookmark's setting to BB Browser. You have to be in mobile browser mode to see the links. I got there originally from Google Mobile-Help-Google Maps-Installing-Then linked to the install page.

It's cool. The regular maps are very detailed. The "Street Views" and "Satelite Views" are amazing.

I went to the site and entered my mobile phone.  I got the message that a text message was being sent to my phone.  But so far I've got no text messages.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

Rockrolex wrote:

IraIHB wrote:

Found Google Maps for the Storm. Open the Storm's browser go to http://www.google.com/gmm . Either set your browser to BB Browser or bookmark it and then change the bookmark's setting to BB Browser. You have to be in mobile browser mode to see the links. I got there originally from Google Mobile-Help-Google Maps-Installing-Then linked to the install page.

It's cool. The regular maps are very detailed. The "Street Views" and "Satelite Views" are amazing.

I went to the site and entered my mobile phone.  I got the message that a text message was being sent to my phone.  But so far I've got no text messages.

Can someone help me with this problem.  I can't seem to get an answer from Google.  I can't find anyplace on the Google site to download the program directly to my phone and I have not gotten a single text message from Google.

Help!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well done sir.  Well done.  Thank you for sharing.

Dave