Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Free software to open excel files?

So I have the BB curve, I just go to antoher carrier (sprint, tmobile whatever) and download their version of 4.5 for the curve and the get rid of the vendor file like you described.  Then open desktop manager and attach the BB and it should run automatically?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Right. If it doesn't do it automatically, just go into Application Loader to start the process.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

i hv bb curve 8320. hv doc on go v4.5.0.162. how do i register this so that i get excel in doc on the go? pls resolve.

hv destop manager v 5.00. thanks

My Device: 8310
My Carrier: ATT

Threre is supposed to be a documents to go "what" I have searched my 8310 until I am blue in the face and can't find half the stuff everybody talks about. on these forums. I am  running the latest software and the latest desktop manager.

I had a nokia phone that sent emoticons real smiley faces, now I have an app that I don't know what it is doing. I see the symbols in text on my side but nobody sees the smilys on their side even on a 8330 curve which sends me smilys on my nokia.

I got this curve to be able to look at a spead sheet.

and figured that I could see my text messages I send and receive on my computer so I could export them and print them out. What is that called. The nokia did it with no problem.

I have a music folder on the curve with songs in it but the phone says there are no songs. 

It exported all my outlook contacts but how do I see emails that I received when I synced up on the curve when I am away from the office.

yes this is a lot, I would pay for tec support if there was any or is there and how do you find it.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to answer all this I been doping around this site for three days and so far even the store that sold me this thing says "it shoujld do it" or do I need to take it back and go backto my nokia?

Thanks guys for any thingyou reply to that I can use.

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Pioneer Cellular

I have a brand new 8330 and my Documents to Go has only Word to Go and Slideshow to Go. Why is this? Any clues? Can I get something so that I can view Excel files?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

steve2339 wrote:

I have a brand new 8330 and my Documents to Go has only Word to Go and Slideshow to Go. Why is this? Any clues? Can I get something so that I can view Excel files?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Have you checked for updates? From within any of the ToGo apps, press blackberry_logo.jpg and select "Check for Updates"...install any that it finds.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Pioneer Cellular

Thanks for the help! That did it!