Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9330 (3G)
My Carrier: Credo Mobile

Freeze when unlocking password on startup (Curve 9330)

After a restart (such as after updating an AppWorld app), the Curve will load fine until the password entry screen arrives to unlock the device. If I enter the correct password (not a problem if I enter an incorrect one - it just goes back to the enter password screen after telling me my password was wrong), the Curve will very often freeze at any of the following steps:

* Freezes after clicking enter after having entered correct password

* Freeze on "Content protection is enabled. Organizing searches"

* Freeze on any of the other messages that might pop up before my home screen is finally displayed

Once a freeze occurs, if I just leave the device alone, one of two things will happen:

* Device will shut off eventually, and then I have to hit the Red power button and hope it will load correct this time

* Device will white screen and throw an App error (602?), with a button to reset, which then reloads the device

* Soft reset (Alt+Right Shift+Del) does not solve it

* Hard reset (battery pull) does not solve it

The only (terrible solution) is to reset it (hard or soft) man many times and then eventually the device sometimes doesn't free when I unlock it, but often will then freeze the next time I need to reset it for any reason.

I run Linux (Ubuntu), so doing anything that involves the Desktop Manager is not really an option.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Re: Freeze when unlocking password on startup (Curve 9330)

Oh - My OS is 6.0

Re: Freeze when unlocking password on startup (Curve 9330)

I can get into the phone by starting up in Safe Mode, but don't know how to solve the problem once there.