07-04-2012 04:00 PM
After a restart (such as after updating an AppWorld app), the Curve will load fine until the password entry screen arrives to unlock the device. If I enter the correct password (not a problem if I enter an incorrect one - it just goes back to the enter password screen after telling me my password was wrong), the Curve will very often freeze at any of the following steps:
* Freezes after clicking enter after having entered correct password
* Freeze on "Content protection is enabled. Organizing searches"
* Freeze on any of the other messages that might pop up before my home screen is finally displayed
Once a freeze occurs, if I just leave the device alone, one of two things will happen:
* Device will shut off eventually, and then I have to hit the Red power button and hope it will load correct this time
* Device will white screen and throw an App error (602?), with a button to reset, which then reloads the device
* Soft reset (Alt+Right Shift+Del) does not solve it
* Hard reset (battery pull) does not solve it
The only (terrible solution) is to reset it (hard or soft) man many times and then eventually the device sometimes doesn't free when I unlock it, but often will then freeze the next time I need to reset it for any reason.
I run Linux (Ubuntu), so doing anything that involves the Desktop Manager is not really an option.
Thanks for any help you can provide!