Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
09-07-2012 08:51 PM
09-07-2012 08:54 PM
Do not forget leave thumb up for the member who posted the solution, have a nice day!
10-15-2012 04:00 PM
When I recently updated Blackberry Desktop Manager it install a new operating system on my 9810: v188.8.131.527
The BB freezes once or twice/day. This is much better than bettor I replaced the original OS. My question is should I clear the BB and download the OS you prescribed previously?
Since I use a MAC, I'll have borrow a PC to load it.
10-15-2012 04:17 PM
Hello My Friends
I try to restore to the proposed update but my Torch 9810 still freezes, BUT when I update the WhatsApp app to the latest version the bug just freezes one or two seconds, now I´m trying the latest version 7.1.0 1909 and the last 24 hours the device is working very Fine, with an surprise now I have the 2G, 3G/4G, 4G/3G-2G option instead of the 2, 3G, 3G/2G. And the best of all the 99% of time it works on 4G band
Good job BlackBerry!!!!
11-11-2013 06:19 AM
02-21-2014 12:19 AM
Hi there my name is Andre and I hope some one can help me.
My 9320 is really annoying while I am typing it freeze then it shuts down, it reboots , some times when it goes to the reboot thing it reboots while it is busy going on,
Most of the hated phones I ever had, wish BB will come do something to fix the problem.
02-21-2014 09:12 AM
I would do a clean OS reload on the device:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader