09-07-2012 08:51 PM
09-07-2012 08:54 PM
Do not forget leave thumb up for the member who posted the solution, have a nice day!
10-15-2012 04:00 PM
When I recently updated Blackberry Desktop Manager it install a new operating system on my 9810: v18.104.22.1687
The BB freezes once or twice/day. This is much better than bettor I replaced the original OS. My question is should I clear the BB and download the OS you prescribed previously?
Since I use a MAC, I'll have borrow a PC to load it.
10-15-2012 04:17 PM
Hello My Friends
I try to restore to the proposed update but my Torch 9810 still freezes, BUT when I update the WhatsApp app to the latest version the bug just freezes one or two seconds, now I´m trying the latest version 7.1.0 1909 and the last 24 hours the device is working very Fine, with an surprise now I have the 2G, 3G/4G, 4G/3G-2G option instead of the 2, 3G, 3G/2G. And the best of all the 99% of time it works on 4G band
Good job BlackBerry!!!!
11-11-2013 06:19 AM
02-21-2014 12:19 AM
Hi there my name is Andre and I hope some one can help me.
My 9320 is really annoying while I am typing it freeze then it shuts down, it reboots , some times when it goes to the reboot thing it reboots while it is busy going on,
Most of the hated phones I ever had, wish BB will come do something to fix the problem.
02-21-2014 09:12 AM
I would do a clean OS reload on the device:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader