Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: MTN-South Africa

Freezing trackpad for 9300 curve and failure of software to fix the problem

Hi i have had my blaberry 9300 curve for a couple of mopnths now and from as early as 3 weeks after owning it, i had a problem with its trackpad and as I am usually very busy and work in remote areas where i there are little repair shops, i failed to take it in for repairs i still cannot afford to do that as my work is very dependent on me having my phone.

Now for the problem, the trackpad started acting up but it was usually for very small periods of times 15 minutes at most, of late it has went very south and i stay weeks without my trackpad working and i tried a couple of suggestions i came across on this forum, the best i thought would work was reloading the operating system, i have tried doing that in twice in the past three hours and i now have an even bigger problem after having done that, the trackpad is still not working and on the start up page of the phone i have a software agreement which i must accept, however i cannot navigate to the accept tab.

I am now pretty frustrated and angry at the problems i am having with this phone, it has been a real disappointment and has not made my experience with RIM products an enjoyable one.

please anyone with a solution to this problem your prompt response in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Very disappointed user.

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Freezing trackpad for 9300 curve and failure of software to fix the problem

I have this problem with 9300 as well - spent 2 hours in a shop to get it fixed the other day and its now worse than when I started. Very dissapointed with blackberry
Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Bmobile

Re: Freezing trackpad for 9300 curve and failure of software to fix the problem

I have the same problem.   I tried accessing options from the menu page to use it without the trackpad but I'm unable to get to general options.   The enter key is not allowing me to scroll down and it's frustrating.