Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

French language is missing in the languages available

Hello everyone,

My name is Vincent and I have a problem with my blackberry curve 9320; I can't find the French language for display and for typing. I have already installed all the languages available on the Blackberry Desktop Software like, but French is not even offered. I just installed the 7.1 version of the blackberry software and only English was offered during the installation, so do not know what to do.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Vincent

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: French language is missing in the languages available

Hi Vincobou

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

When you Connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software > Click on Application > Under language and Input support are not offered French as a language ?

If not then you have to Download and Install as all language OS pack from your carrier , then have to use desktop Software to install that language, please try this :

1. From your PC Uninstall any BlackBerry Device Software or OD packs.

2. Locate your Carrier and Download an ALL Language OS pack from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

3. Double Click  the file you downloaded to Install it on your PC .

4 .Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Once completed Open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone a + will appear next to the language to install > Click Apply.

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

Please try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hello prince2012,

Thank you very much for your answer, it was very clear, I still have a problem though... I installed the All language OS pack on my PC and then I installed Blackberry Desktop Software (because I normally do it on my mac but I only find the All language OS pack in .exe file so I had to install everything on PC) but in the Applications I don't find any Language and input support but only Far East languages...

Thank you again if you can help me!

Vincent

Elite II

Hello Vincbou

Who is your Carrier , is it Orange France ? Download software for Orange France , if it is then have you download from the same or from any other Carrier .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hello,

Yes I am under Orange France and I downloaded the right one, this is why I do not understand. I just can't find the place where we find the languages. When I go to the applications, I just have the regular ones and the ones I have on my blackberry.

Vincent

Elite II

Hi Vincent

If your Carrier is not allowing or offering the french then you can try another Carrier OS pack , but for that you have to delete your present OS from your PC then you can try Téléchargement de logiciels pour Vodafone SFR OS . 

As you will be trying another carrier OS , you have to delete those vendor .xml files located at those location I mentioned above .

So try it and let us know.