Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Frequent device restarts/reset

I have been experiencing frequent device resets, sometimes while typing, sometimes while device is just sitting on my desk. Sometimes when I go to use it the red light is on and I have to pull the battery. I have no other applications than what VZ ships it with. I am now on my 4th device from VZ, all have this issue. I was told yesterday they expect a software update from RIM in April that may or may not address issues. Anybody else have this? I am thinking of going back to my 8830, I really like the storm features and want to keep it. Only other issue is it is hard to type with big fingers!!!

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Dave

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Frequent device restarts/reset

Hi and Welcome!

There are plenty of threads on this forum with this exact issue. If you indeed have it totally out-of-the box with no add-ons, then you are experiencing the random reboots that do occur. There have been some on this forum advocating the battery-pop reboot every four days somewhat as a preventive. Also, on VZW you don't need the SIM and some report a lessening of random reboots by removing the SIM (I'd had mine out for about a month and still have reboots...it's really hard to say if they are less frequent or not...but it "feels" like it's been better without the SIM).

One other thing to check for sure is that you are on the latest production OS from VZW -- .75. Anything less and you need to update. Anything more and you are playing in beta-land and, well...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem with my storm.  Very aggravating.  Any word on software upgrades that might fix the problem?
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Higg wrote:
I am having the same problem with my storm.  Very aggravating.  Any word on software upgrades that might fix the problem?

Hi!

Lots of word and lots of rumors. IMHO none worth repeating (we've been dissapointed too many times before). You can find those rumors all over this forum. IMHO -- It'll come out when it comes out.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................