Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Alfa

Frequently Crashes - Caused by Camera Flash, Screen, Keypad Lock?

[ Edited ]

Dear BB Community,

Used Bold 9790 keeps crashing.

Crashes when the camera flashes & also crashes (but does not complete a full reboot) frequently after key/screen lock is used.

After crash asks for SIM passcode and Media Card passcode. I've disabled the SIM security now, but am still entering the Media Card code. 

The OS is the 7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 9.16.0.158) which appears to be up to date. Have Facebook, Whatsapp and Twitter apps running.

I'm looking for advice on what I can do to prevent these frequent crashes.

Appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Frequently Crashes - Caused by Camera Flash, Screen, Keypad Lock?

Hi RunningMan

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you tested with another Good fully charged BlackBerry battery to see if it crashes while using your Camera Flash. If you have enabled encrytion on Media Card , disable it and see if that makes any difference.

In addition as you are having multiple issues with your device so apart from a new Battery you should also try to reload your device Software , it will fix any glitches within device OS. first do a backup using Desktop Software then reload your device OS ,Check this KB :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.