Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
SCQ
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Full Backup BBCurve 8900 on to my iMac-how to read it?

Hi!

I have the bbdesktop manager on my iMac. Once I connect phone with iMac using the cable, it does automatically backup everything thats on my BBCurve 8900.

The thing is, I go to the folder "BlackBerry Backups" and there I see the backup file,right

So, how come I can't open it?Woman Sad

How do I read, whether as pdf or excel or word file, whatever the format, how do I read it?

Ho do I see my the calendar backup? And my messages? And my call log?

Please help me with this, because, when I went to the Vodafone store, the technical support people, again the "TECHNICAL SUPPORT", didn't support at all, and what was more irritatingWoman Mad, is that they were in front of me, clearly trying to guess! "Thanks a lot!Woman Frustrated I could've done my own guessing at home!!Woman Mad"

Can you help me please...??Smiley Surprised

Thank you so much for your attention,

SCQ 

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Full Backup BBCurve 8900 on to my iMac-how to read it?

Hey SCQ,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

You can not view the contents of the backup file on a computer.  This backup file can be opened in BlackBerry® Desktop Software and restored to the BlackBerry® smartphone.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Full Backup BBCurve 8900 on to my iMac-how to read it?

Hi! This is Alex from Reincubate. I work on the BlackBerry Backup Extractor project and we have had Mac users that wanted to simply read their BB locally created backups and they've used our Mac version of the software that gives this option. Worth pointing that you will need first to install the Mono framework or alternatively, you could run our software using Parallels or Crossover. How to read bbb backups is pretty easy once you got everything installed and running. If BBDM won't restore this should be a good backup solution. Hope it helps. Cheers!