Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Storm 9503

Full Screen Homescreen Layout Not An Option??

Nothing is more annoying to me than having to pick up the Storm holding it vertically (the way I typically hold it) and having to press the Blackberry button to display the full screen.  Why is there only an option for 1 to 3 rows, but not an option for all rows?  I could care less about displaying a background picture, especially the small sliver that shows when the phone is set to display 3 rows.

Are there any upgrades that will solve this?  It's really unbelieveable to me that there isn't an option for a full screen at all times (see: iPhone). 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Full Screen Home Screen Layout Not An Option??

For the vertical orientation I use 2 icon rows. I selected my preference ones.  When I want a full screen, I press any blank spot on the screen. It fills almost instantly. Personally, I don't find this annoying.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm

Re: Full Screen Home Screen Layout Not An Option??

jerryg50 wrote:

For the vertical orientation I use 2 icon rows. I selected my preference ones.  When I want a full screen, I press any blank spot on the screen. It fills almost instantly. Personally, I don't find this annoying.

Yes, this works for me. It's fast and one usually has to touch to wake the screen anyway. I'll also admit I almost like it  after changing the wall paper.