Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2 UK
Accepted Solution

Full instructions to remove and re-install Twitter

Twitter kept playing up on my Z10,  (as did Whatsapp - re-install worked for Whatsapp) I did the following:

1) I deleted the icon from the home page (press and hold for a couple of seconds and press the delete button) 

2) went into BB World and went to Installed, and selected the app in the list, held it again and selected uninstall and it failed.

3)I then selected delete and it removed the app/

4) battery pull

5) check for software updates as suggested and it found that it needed to update, downloaded a small update of 2mb and twitter had been restored to homepage.

6) when I try to open it it just doesn't open, the screen moves tot eh right and then nothing happens..

So I think my removal process was wrong, is there something that I can do to make it properly forget the old version - is there an area I can navigate to on the BB to delete files?

HELP!!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Full instructions to remove and re-install Twitter

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now, try your Twitter account again.

And make sure you have gone to your main device Settings > Accounts and set up Twitter again.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thank you for coming back to me, a glimmer of hope!

Ok I removed the battery as you said, and left for 1 min (a bit longer actually!) 

The following happened:

1)re-inserted battery

2) Blackberry went through its usual boot up.

3) went to Accounts>Twitter and found that it still had my account information, so I updated the password, saved (which 'worked')

4) tried to open Twitter, and still get the shake to the right in a kind of 'Not going to run' way and doesn't work.

5) I then went back in and deleted the account (whch took a while)

6)I rebooted again (for good measure)

7) went back in to accounts couldnt see Twitter in there, even in advanced...

8) tried to fire up the app from the front page

8) see point 4.. Smiley Sad

Thank you again for coming back to me, I am hopeful this can get resolved soon!

argh... I would have expected it to be installed and load.

I don't know.

If you can survive for now without the stock Twitter for BlackBerry app, I will ask around and see if I can find anyone else who has experienced this and resolved it.

Until then, you can install a free Twitter app such as Neatly for Twitter (or even buy Blaq, it is the BEST Twitter app available, period. And worth it.)

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

its almost like a registry key (windows talk) is still there, or missing or something.

I can wait out for a response, its just frustrating, reading the reviews on blackberry world it appears that t is a common problem.

will give neatly for twitter in the meantime.

Thanks again

Contributor

Further update....

I went to BB world to get Neatly, and try to download it i get "An error occured" so i tried to down load a different random twitter related app - and get the same error.

i tried to download a different app, and it worked as expected. 

so it looks like some random key or somethign that has been removed in my removal, in the first place.

Hmm... you're going to need to consider a device wipe or loading a newer OS release.

I'd encourage you to consider the leaked OS 10.2.1.1925, and if you need help with that, let me know. It's not greatly difficult. First, what data on your device is vital to save and restore, such as contacts, calendar, etc?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yeah I kind of thought that would be the case, Only vital thing on there is contacts, and photos - which I am just backing up now.

I would like to go for the leaked version first (but will need some guidance) Am I right in thinking that if it all goes wrong I can just restore it back to factory (which is what I would have to do anyway)

I presume a back up of contacts with the Blackberry link will be OK and not wipe the phone away once I restore it back?

Thanks again for your help and perseverance! 

Yes, you can always downgrade to the factory OS if you want.

But I'd not restore your backup. Instead, use a third party app like PIM Backup, InTouch Contacts or Fire Chest Backup, and restore only your contacts with that same app... If you restore the Link backup, you'll likely restore the original issue.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

OK, I am stuck now as I tried to restore back to factory, it completed on BB link, but not on the phone. now I have got nothing, BB Link just tells me to restart my device, which does nothing...