Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Rogers

Fully charged and just crashes!

Hi..my phone recently will completely die when the battery is fully charged.  If I take a photo for example the phone dies or if I navigate between a few icons the phone goes dead.  I have to plug it in to a charger and let the phone reboot and I can use it again (and the battery shows a full charge).  If I pull the battery and put it back in the phone tries to reboot but doesn't.

Is this the battery or the phone causing the issue?  I obviously don't want to buy a new battery if the problem is something else.  Any assistance greatly appreciated.  Cheers!

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Fully charged and just crashes!

This sounds like a battery problem to me but, with such an old phone, it's hard to know for sure. The symptoms do sound like a worn out battery, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Fully charged and just crashes!

Sounds like the phone is shutting itself off since you said it has a full charge when you finally get it back on.

I would try reloading the operating system if you have not done that yet. Im not sure how long this has been happening to you but i have had a problem similar and this normally gets progressively worse, like in the beginning a batter pull fixed it.

If the reload does not work then as stated above about the battery you may want to invest in a new one/ borrow one if someone has extras to test. If issue happens still with a known working battery it would seem to be a hardware issue and if your covered under a warranty you would want to get the phone repaired. If you no longer have the issue with a test battery then get the battery replaced if you didn't already purchase a new one.

Normally Rim provides a limited 1 year warranty on the battery but you would need to read up to confirm if you meet the requirements. As for carries most only give you 30 days on the battery.

Follow me - @OriginalmsCheek