Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

GET BES using BIS for FREE

Everyone,

As far as i can work out the main features of BES over BIS are syncing calender and contacts... correct me if im wrong, but i can sync my outlook over the web account, but cant do the contacts/calender..

Well today i was hunting for ways of making my customers lives simpler, they hate having to have the blackberry plugged into get the contacts and calenders updated....

I found these two little apps, and inconjuction with google, have made a BES option for free!!

(This worked perfectly on my storm and im thoroughly impressed!!)

Setup a google account to sync calender and contacts with. You can create something like user.company@googlemail.com, then add this account to the sync apps to get the phone syncing! You need to open the calendar on google and add an item to allow it to start working.

Install on PC to sync with outlook
http://www.webgear.co.nz/Products/GOContactSync.aspx free and installs on the PC

get the http://dl.google.com/googlecalendarsync/GoogleCalendarSync_Installer.exe or "google calender sync" search in google and install on PC.

synchronize your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail

Open on blackberry
m.google.com/sync - This downloads the google sync to keep contacts and calendar updated with Google.

This will then sync your outlook calendar with google and then the blackberry syncs with it as well, also works with contacts!!

You will need to install them and add the account you specified with, but its pretty easy to do! very basic install and straight forward config, but let me know if you get any problems!!

Enjoy

Martyn
If myself or other members have assisted please click the Kudos!

One day Blackberry will rule the world!!
Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: GET BES using BIS for FREE

Google Sync has been around for while now, but it is not BES, at all, far from it, and your thread title is quite misleading.

But it is a great option for syncing calendar and contacts!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

Thanks Jsanders, i did say in the first line the differences i could see between BES and BIS, i know there are many functions for the BES as we use the servers here, but actual phone users dont see those capabilities.

Its a little step in the right direction for getting it all for FREE!! Smiley Happy

If myself or other members have assisted please click the Kudos!

One day Blackberry will rule the world!!
Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I read that, and I agree the sync of calendar and contacts is "one" of the features of BES, but by no means is it the one of the "main" features.

Of course, we're into opinion at this point and not fact, but for many, the reconcile of email and folder redirections, etc., would be a main feature of BES. And there are so many many more, including the calendar and contact sync. Actually there are probably a few hundred additional features of BES over BIS.

Having the google sync of calendar and contacts is a great feature, it's just nowhere near the ability to get BES for free, thus why I think this thread title is quite misleading.

No big deal, just pointing out to any readers so that they may be aware that this is NOT a true BES solution or replacement.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code