Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

GIVE US BACK OUR KIK MESSENGER SERVICE!

Dear RIM,

Kik_Logo.jpg

Give Blackberry users back our Kik Messenger service.  Your reasoning for ending it is completely asinine!

Kik quickly became my primary method for messaging friends who don't have Blackberries.  It was far from a perfect app but it got the job done.  Unfortunately, most of my friend don have Blackberries so I can't use BBM, which is most likely the real reason why RIM discontinued downloads and push notifications.

Normally when you hear stories of a phone company pulling popular apps from its' app store you'd think Apple.

Please, GIVE US BACK OUR KIK MESSENGER SERVICE!

From,

A dismayed Blackberry and Kik Messenger user.

kik_opener.jpg

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Re: GIVE US BACK OUR KIK MESSENGER SERVICE!

Smiley Sad Kik was cool , i`m with you on that .

There are phones , and there are Blackberry , nuff said .
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello RIM,

I'm not gonna rant and will keep this short.  Eaither make BBM available to all other phones including the iphone and Android users or allow KIK back on the Blackberry.  If you can't do either of the above my next phone will be Android based Smiley Happy

Regards,

X-Happy Blackberry user

BRING BACK KICK FOR THE BLACKBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

Smiley Mad bit of a theme here guys ...... they need to pull thier finger out {word filter avoidance} , and sort it

There are phones , and there are Blackberry , nuff said .
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

As a long time Blackberry user I am extremely upset that I cannot rely on my KIK Messenger anymore to effectively communicate with my friends and family that have smart phones other than Blackberries. 

Since when did RIM become my keeper? They should inform us, the users what their concerns are with this application and let us decide whether we still want to continue to use it. It is not their place to make that decision for us!!! 

I use BBM to communicate with other Blackberry users and will always as long as the product works properly and RIM keeps it current.

As a consumer I am also entitled to have choices...what next, will they block out Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk or Yahoo Messenger from working on ther Blackberry platform??

If this is the way this company will be acting going forward than I know I will be looking at the alternatives when it is time to get a new Smart Phone.   

New Contributor

BBM was the only thing keeping me on blackberry.  After you pulled kik, which I was using to communicate with non-BBM users, it was the final straw.  Was not going to be blackmailed by RIM to stay on blackberry because of BBM dependance.  Goodbye Curve 8900, hello Nexus 1, soon to be Nexus S.

C ya...

signing off from Blackberry world for last time ...

New Contributor

This is so frustrating, you would have thought this mess would've been figured out by now. I miss the days when a company took pride in giving the consumers of its' products the best user experience. That fact is most of my former BBM contacts switched to Android and iPhone in the past year. I still BBM w/ a couple, but Kik made it so I could message my non BB friends, instead of using SMS. I got a year untill I have an upgrade; I still may end up staying w/ BB, but that new Android Pro w/ the BB style keyboard looks like a major BB killer. And the fact remains that I don't see RIM make any attempt to compete w/ its' smartphone competitors. The vibe I get from this issue is the "bully beating up the small kid," and it makes owning a BB undesirable. Common RIM, end this and give us back our Kik Messenger service!
New Contributor

I think rim have no case and are frusterated because there loosing the battle in the mobile with android taking over as good as bb messenger that cant keep up. So mr Livingston worked for bb so what. The reson I feel bb is on the wrong and have no case is because kik is a cross platform. If Mr Livonston was out to take bb down then how come he did not keep kik to bb? Instead he learn't and I think rim have no case and are frusterated because there loosing the battle in the mobile with android taking over. As good as bb messenger is it cant keep up. So mr Livingston worked for bb so what. The reson I feel bb is on the wrong amd have no case is because kik is a cross platform. If Mr Livonston was out to take bb down then how come he did not keep kik to bb? Instead he learn't android and apple as well. To bring it to one phone fine but cross platform no case bb. I think Mr livingston has every right to make kik as we all do to make a messenger. To many big companies push others out and thats not right as a consumer I want to see kik back on bb and Mr livingston just for you go and kik some bb butt and bring kik back to bb for us.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

RIM

Please be big enough and professional enough to allow KiK back to App World so that it can be downloaded by BB users. 

I love BBM and miss it.  I loved my BB Storm.  But unfortunately my current needs right now require a different phone.  Having an app like KiK allowed by to have the same type functions as BBM but across platforms.

SIMPLY PUT PLEASE ALLOW KIK BACK ON BLACKBERRY.