Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

GMail 2-way Sync

I am on the Rogers network.  Do you have the dates when you are going to be rolling out the 2-way sync functionality for Gmail?  This was announced as part of last weekends BIS 3.0 roll out and it was stated that it will be rolled out in the spring.  This is spring and I am looking for a specific date that it will be available for Rogers wireless customers.  Thank you.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: GMail 2-way Sync

No specific dates have been released.  It's a phase-in process so hopefully you'll be phased-in soon.  To make sure that you are up to date and will get it as soon as it's rolled out you can delete your  gmail account from your BB and then re-add it.  That will give you the ability to create/delete labels and make sure that you have all the features that are currently working.  I can't guarantee you'll get the two way sync right away, though. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks John.  I have deleted and added my gmail and google apps accounts and now have the new label feature.  As for 2-way sync, can you tell me when the rollout will start to happen?  I'm looking for a timeline.  A week, a month longer?

Many Many Many gmail users have been waiting for the 2-way sync feature for a longgg time.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I have been waiting a long time for this, as well.  Since I do not work for RIM I have no idea when they are going to roll it out.  All the info RIM has put out says it will be implemented in phases througout spring 2010.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

Hi

I too would love 2 way sync.  Please could you outline what I have to do to ensure I get the update.

I have the following

Tour 9630

Gmail

thanks

Guru II

I deleted my gmail account from my BlackBerry and re-added it.  That gave me the ability to create and delete labels but still no 2 way sync just yet. 

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Hi

Are you using blackberry mail or the gmail application?

Please advise.

thanks

Guru II

I use BlackBerry BIS mail.

The Gmail application does sync both directions and has for a long time. 

Contributor
My Device: AT&T PRIV - Carrier unlocked

I called AT&T today and asked them about the BIS 3.0 upgrade. They acted like they knew what I was talking about. I am using a Google Hosted App domain for e-mail and they even said that worked. They walked me through creating the account on http://att.blackberry.com and downloading the Gmail plug-in from the e-mail that I got.

But...

It looked and worked like the previous function. They two-way sync wasn't there nor was the ability to add/delete labels. I looked at the version of the Gmail plug-in and it was v1.0.xx.

I'm running a Bold 9000 with OS 4.6.0.304.

Did I just get the wrong Gmail plug-in? I see a reference above to v2.0.xx. Has the BIS 3.0 not been rolled out to AT&T?

Another related question - I'm using the Google Labs feature "Multiple Inboxes." The extra lists of e-mails that this feature gives didn't show up in the BlackBerry inbox.

A second related question - Does this capability require the use of the Gmail plug-in application? I can't figure out how to consolidate these messages/functionality into the regular BlackBerry Messages application. I have e-mail and SMS/MMS consolidation turned on but the SMS/MMS don't show up in the Gmail plug-in application. Really feels like a bolt-on rather than something integrated. Perhaps the BIS 3.0/Gmail plug-in v2.0.xx will feel similar.

And yes, I've tried the native Gmail application for BlackBerry: http://benmoore.blogspot.com/2009/12/blackberry-gmail-app.html

New Contributor

New user of a Bold 9700 with Telus Canada. Use gmail as centralized mail accounts. Where do you see labels support on blackberry? And im waiting too for two way synchro. I use gmail for personal and professional mail accounts and for now, the blackberry is not really what i expected for my mails (after used since some months an iTouch!).

Hope this will be optimized soon...