Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

GMail & Google Talk App Wont' Work? "Unexpected Server Response"?

Hello Everyone,

I purchased my Blackberry Bold 9780 just yesterday, & I'm already having troubles logging-into the Google Talk App & GMail...

When I enter my username & password for Google Talk, it gives me the following message: "Username and password do not m atch. You provided ( My Email Address ). I've literally tried this over 50 times with no luck what-so-ever. Could someone please help me with that issue?

My second issue is regarding the GMail app. I downloaded this from http://m.google.com/. It downloaded & installed successfully, but when I launch it, It loads about 1/4 displaying this message: "Please be patient while Gmail loads for the first time", after that it immediately changes to, "Unexpected server response"? I have absolutely no idea as to why it's doing this to me. All the other apps work fine, but Google Maps acts weird sometimes by displaying this message, "This application requires a data connection, and some BlackBerry devices require reconfiguration to work properly. Please visit www.google.com/gmm on your computer for more info."?

Anyways, I have the BlackBerry Social plan for $15. This includes Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, BBM, & other stuff I'm not quite sure of. Keep in mind all this is happening under my Wi-Fi connection at home.

Thanks in advance!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: GMail & Google Talk App Wont' Work? "Unexpected Server Response"?

Your GMail and google maps apps won't work on that plan.  You'll need a full BB data plan if you want to use those apps.

As for Google Talk, it's possible you locked your account by typing the wrong info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply!

I see! So it still won't work under a stable Wi-Fi connection? My Google Talk works perfectly on my PC, same with GMail. Username & password are correct. BTW, how do I set up my email account on the bb?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Won't work on wifi and email won't work either. You need a full data plan to use most of the features of a BB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Google Talk is part of my Social Plan though. And all of the features should be working at home, with Wi-Fi. :-(

My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: kodoo

I have a full data plan and gmail won't load for the first time. It loads about 1/4 the way and gets unexpected server response. Tried all of the suggestions I seen on the net but nothing works. I guess the app doesn't work anymore. I have a BB curve 9360.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

Any solution for this?  I just got the Blackberry 9900 but if the GMail app doesn't work on it it will be *unfortunately* returned...

Thank you.