Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: GPS Issue with Pearl 8130

No, Telus actually BLOCKS gps on our handsets. My friend has a Curve on Bell, and his GPS has worked since day one. Telus even deletes wallpapers and ringtones in hopes that you'll buy it all from them!

I would be more willing to pay for something if they had the decency to give us something up front. Instead, they take it all away, and make you pay to get it back. Any time I can screw Telus, I will. LOL - They've been screwing me for years, and once my contract is done, so is our relationship Telus.

Contributor

Do you need any more help with this? Did the fix work for you? Did it not work?
New Contributor

No I do not need any more help with this, thanks. As I indicated in an earlier post, I was able to resolve the problem by removing the battery from the 8130 for a minute, while it was ON, re-inserting it and starting my GPS application. Obviously an 8130 problem but my GPS is now working as it should. Thanks again
Highlighted

Dennis,

Do you have a work around for Blackberry 8330 Curve with the service provider being Verizon?