Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

GPS Latitude & Longitude Curve 8330

Has any figured out how to get the latitude and longitude.  I am running V4.5 OS.  My blackberry maps tracks my location, but I can't figure out how to get my Lat and Long to show up.  Even my geotagging for pictures is not working.  I have read the owners guide for the 8330 and it shows options that is not on my device.  My carrier is Verizon wireless.  If any one has figured this out let me know.

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: GPS Latitude & Longitude Curve 8330

By default this can't be known from Blackberry device. You need to use 3rd paty application for that. For example, GPSed

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Tanzim is absolutly right. Here is a side benifit using the camera.

Leave the GPS on, and take a picture, take the option regarding the geocahing information.

You will have the lat and long. As well if you click on the piture it will pop up on Blackberry

maps exactly where you took it.!!!

Pretty Cool!

Try it Smiley Happy

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

So, in order for me to get the the picture to come up on my BB maps, I would have to get the other software.  I know right now all my setting are active.  I took a picture with me GPS on and BB maps open, but when I went to view the picture, it had no geotagging and no option to view on maps.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Bring up the GPS up. Bring up BBmaps as well.

Bring the camera up, menu key options.

Select geotagging enabled. Take the picture and save.

Bring the picture up and right click on the picture, menu key options.

select map info.

Click on it, BBmaps will start, and the picture will be superimposed on the map.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8330
My Carrier: Alltel

Hi.

With the basic phone and no additional apps, you can send your position to your email address, and the lat. & lon.  will show as text on the email.  Not convenient, but maybe not quite as many steps as with the pic & geocaching procedure.

Contributor

Hi All,

I want to know that when i launch my map view in blackberry simulator its default location is coming to Ottawa , so is there any way so that i can change its default point of focus to some other location.

Thanks.