Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: yes

Re: GPS on 9700?

Hi everybody!

I just got the BB 9700 and I was able to use the GPS for the first two days

After that I  clicked  "Start GPS Navigation" and the map does not move and neither shows me

the BB location.

I also would like to know if  GPS in BB 9700 can work in Hong Kong.

Cause is happening the same thing.

Can someone help me please?

Greetings from Mexico.

Thank you!

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Fido

i just bought a bold 9700 and the gps is not working, i did the gps refresh, i did the status test, i tried re downloading V5.0.0.743 again, and yes i did all the refresh process outside with an open air, i also tried taking out the battery and restarting the phone again. There is no way my gps is working and i am desperate to know what might be the problem??

PS; i have been google searching about this issue over the last couple of days and i realized lots of people are having the same problem with their 9700, i started to feel like some bold 9700's are coming out of the factory with a GPS problem...
If someone out there had the same problem and found a way to solve this i will really appreciate the help, please just dont ask me if i am in open air or if i tried refreshing it and testing the GPS from status, i have been working on this problem for couple of days now and even though i loved the phone i am planing to replace it with some other brand if i cant find a solution, 
Please contact me if you have the same bold 9700 Gps problem

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm having the same problem.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Celcom

NICE..TQ

-Mr.K-