Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Swisscom
Accepted Solution

GPS on 9700?

Is there a GPS system on the 9700? don't seem to have one on mine. And I just transfer from an iphone and it was working great. So it is not my provider. 

by advance thank you

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Re: GPS on 9700?

Yes, you can use it with Blackberry Maps (if you can get it to work) or Google Maps.

But you can also see the GPS in:

Options/Advanced Options/GPS

When in this page it will probably show your Latitude and Longitude as 0. Press the menu key and select 'Refresh GPS', if you are outside or by a window where you can detect the GPS satellite network you will be given your current position after a short while.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

9700 comes with GPS there is no doubt about it. Which map application you're using? As suggested above try Google maps http://www.google.com/gmm.

By the way which carriers service you're using?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm using the swisscom network. Which is the main in Switzerland. They are not blocking the GPS. The fact is that the application is not showing on my phone. I have the GPS option and maps but not working. 

this seems really strange. Just like if I have no map inside and not the appliccation to read it

New Contributor

in fact under option, under maps the service is written to be "none"... and I can't change it

Contributor
My Device: Classic

same problem here.

Swisscom Carrier, Bold 9700 unbranded and unlocked from amazon.de

blackberry map is listed under application but no icon. no blackberry maps servicebook (Lbsconfig) with my Bold 9700. With my Swisscom branded Bold 9000 everything works fine. The test bold 9700 from my local swisscom dealer works well too, blackberry maps servicebook is pushed to the device.

Contributor

I found a solution that works for me: In the HRT settings are a couple of entrys, one is in bold font and the other normal. The bold one is: GPRS CH (228) [22800130] and the other one [22800220] and 230] in the end. The last one is [29500130]. I dont know what that means, but i registred the last one and puuf i got the blackberry maps servicebook pushed and the icon.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

9700 comes with GPS there is no doubt about it. Which map application you're using? As suggested above try Google maps http://www.google.com/gmm.

By the way which carriers service you're using?

Can't put 2 times "accept as solution" but your way works too. 

Thank you very much

Contributor

i use "natel befree" with blackberry professional for the BES usage. 

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: t mobile

Hi All, I 'm using T mobile and what would be the most efficient way to get Gps for my bold 9700