Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

GSM-JAMMER NO Network

Hi guys,

got a quick question.

Assume I have not used encryption settings on the BB device.
What happen to emails already delivered to BB if there is no GSM/3G network?
Where are they to find?
I had recently no network connectivity and could still read my delivered emails!

What happen, if my BB device gets lost?
Can someone read already delivered email?

Thx

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: GSM-JAMMER NO Network

[ Edited ]

Once an email is delivered to your device, it resides there until deleted.  So yes, someone could read your emails that have already been delivered.  Protecting your BlackBerry with a password would be the way to get around that.  Another option is to download and install BlackBerry Protect.  If your device should get lost, you can remotely wipe all contents from it or simply lock it to prevent unauthorized access to it.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Hi Bill J,

Thx for direct answer.

I am taking with other guy under Business Support Forum BSE 5 on the same topic.

I am targeting delivered messages to BB device, which got stolen.

If this happen, there should be on my opinion the possibility to compromise the memory and read all messages without having any password.

Remote wiping doesn't help me, if someone can access the emails offline.

Thx

Elite II

To respond to your comment about remote wiping not helping you, wiping your BlackBerry remotely with BlackBerry Protect deletes all information from your phone.  If someone were to find it and you had already wiped it, there would be nothing, including emails, to see on it. You can also track the location of your phone with BlackBerry Protect, enabling you to find your phone easily in case of loss or theft.

You really can't go wrong with BlackBerry Protect.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Ok agree about the BlackBerry Protect, but my concern is Blackberry Protect is working once the device is connected to the provider. If not it wouldn't help me, right?

I think about a scheduled plan to rob a BB device, jam the GSM network and try to retrieve the emails from the memory.

Elite II

Okay, so if BlackBerry Protect couldn't connect to your phone because somehow your network wasn't getting through to your phone, then no it wouldn't do much good to lock your phone or wipe the data from it.

In that case, you'll want to make sure you have a password set on your phone.  You can set the phone to immediately wipe itself completely if the correct password is not entered within 3 attempts (I believe 3 is the minimum number of attempts allowed).  That way, even if your phone was stolen, the thief would have only three attempts to crack the password before the phone would be as clean as the day it left the factory.

I hope I'm understanding your concern properly.  If not, please feel free to explain it to me one more time.  I want to make sure you're getting the answer you're looking for.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Hey, nice idea with 3 attempts, cool, we provide the idea.

Generally my challenge is to understand, where the push emails are stored and where. Pls consider no encryption setting in place.

I like to know, if there is a possibility to access already received email from memory, which on opinion, if I compare BB device with a laptop should be possible.

Thx

Highlighted
My Device: df969
My Carrier: 8945122363

As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4G jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the signal blocker product.