Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Garmin Mobile EU can't connect to the server.

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the bad english, i hope you will understand it. I just bought Garmin Mobile for my BB 9000, installed it, but the program can't connect to the internet, it says: "Network connection unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact the service provider. (Code: 405-050)

I have an active internet subscription, both eBuddy and Opera Mini connected without any troubles.I called the mobile provider's support (T-Mobile Hungary) and they said its because i dont have the Enterprise subscription, only the Instant subs and they dont know what can i do cause the Enterprise sub. is very expensive, its for companys, not for personal use.

Do you have any idea what can i do? Maybe i can connect throu Wi-Fi? Please help me.

Thanks very much, Laox

Message Edited by Laox on 01-05-2009 09:15 AM
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 - O2 Germany

Re: Garmin Mobile EU can't connect to the server.

Aparently you are not the only one who suffers this.

Here for example:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/129981-garmin-mobile-blackberry.html

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Dear everyone!

First: sorry for the bad english :-)

I just made my Garmin to work. Yesterday i made a full safety save of my mobile. Than did a hard reset (deleted the phone's whole memory) and now installed back the safety save. I didnt do anything special, just started the Garmin and its worked. Why? I think the phone can't install Garmin correctly from the downloaded file, but when i deleted it and was letting the BB Desktop Manager to install it everything turned fine. If anyone has the same problem give this option a try, its worth it!

Ps: Of course i did write many letter to BB and Garmin support but noone knew the problem...

Bye!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.983 + Playbook 1.0.7.3312
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I feel really stupid for asking this but how do you do a complete backup of data AND apps on the BB.  I only know of doing a data backup using the RIM Desktop Manager?  When I got my BB Tour back after a repair, I had to reload all my apps as only the data reloaded.  Maybe I'm missing something in the Desktop Mgr that I didn't know existed.

I'd love to get my Garmin working again.  It worked for two hours when I first installed it, and now I'm getting the Network error as mentioned.