Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Garmin Mobile EU can't connect to the server.

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the bad english, i hope you will understand it. I just bought Garmin Mobile for my BB 9000, installed it, but the program can't connect to the internet, it says: "Network connection unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact the service provider. (Code: 405-050)

I have an active internet subscription, both eBuddy and Opera Mini connected without any troubles.I called the mobile provider's support (T-Mobile Hungary) and they said its because i dont have the Enterprise subscription, only the Instant subs and they dont know what can i do cause the Enterprise sub. is very expensive, its for companys, not for personal use.

Do you have any idea what can i do? Maybe i can connect throu Wi-Fi? Please help me.

Thanks very much, Laox

Message Edited by Laox on 01-05-2009 09:15 AM
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 - O2 Germany

Re: Garmin Mobile EU can't connect to the server.

Aparently you are not the only one who suffers this.

Here for example:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/129981-garmin-mobile-blackberry.html

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Dear everyone!

First: sorry for the bad english :-)

I just made my Garmin to work. Yesterday i made a full safety save of my mobile. Than did a hard reset (deleted the phone's whole memory) and now installed back the safety save. I didnt do anything special, just started the Garmin and its worked. Why? I think the phone can't install Garmin correctly from the downloaded file, but when i deleted it and was letting the BB Desktop Manager to install it everything turned fine. If anyone has the same problem give this option a try, its worth it!

Ps: Of course i did write many letter to BB and Garmin support but noone knew the problem...

Bye!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.983 + Playbook 1.0.7.3312
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I feel really stupid for asking this but how do you do a complete backup of data AND apps on the BB.  I only know of doing a data backup using the RIM Desktop Manager?  When I got my BB Tour back after a repair, I had to reload all my apps as only the data reloaded.  Maybe I'm missing something in the Desktop Mgr that I didn't know existed.

I'd love to get my Garmin working again.  It worked for two hours when I first installed it, and now I'm getting the Network error as mentioned.