Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

German T-Mobile device

Hello,

Last week i bought a Blackberry Pearl 8110 for my girlfriend. It came from germany and it was a T-Mobile device. She can call and sms, but when we wanted register on the BIS it wasn't possible. After i called with her provider a several times, called T-Mobile Germany twice i found out that T-Mobile Germany adjusted the hardware so only T-Mobile users can register on a BIS. 

Does anyone know if and how i can solve this?

Ivo

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: German T-Mobile device

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

All BB's originally come locked to a particular carrier. If you can obtain the unlock code, then you can unlock it and register it to other carriers. If the unlock code is entered 10 times incorrectly, the device is permanently locked to the original carrier. If that is what they told you they have done, then you have pretty much no recourse. See this article:

If you should see that this BB is indeed only locked in the first sense (the original factory locking), then you can still unlock it by obtaining the code.

However, since you discussed registering to BIS, this actually sounds like it might possibly be a different issue. Did you obtain the BB second hand? And did the prior owner have it registered to BIS on their carrier? And did they release the PIN with their carrier as part of selling you the BB? If not (the final if), then that is what must happen -- the prior owner must contact their carrier and have them release the PIN...until it is released, the PIN cannot be registered to another carriers BIS.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hello,

The phone is completely unlocked, and i bought i new on Atomic Trading GmbH. It is new, never used. I checked if it was registered before, so i called T-Mobile Germany and they told me that it wasn't in their system.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Then what you need to do is press with your carrier (or perhaps both) to be escalated to their Blackberry support desk...they can in turn escalate all the way into RIM for you. But the carriers are in control of this and need to resolve it.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................