Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Geting Wrong email

Hi:

I seem to be getting the wrong email. It seems a BIS in Bournemouth England is sending someone elses email to my PIN in Canada. I have sent the person emails to get her BIS to stop but she has not replied. I don't think she even knows or cares. What to do. It is driving me crazy with 50+ emails a day.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Geting Wrong email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

How, exactly, are these emails arriving to your BB? If that email account is actually configured to your BB, then you simply remove that email configuration (of course, that would bring up other concerns...as in, did you buy this BB used?). But, if those emails are arriving as the result of a forward, then you can do nothing yourself...whatever system contains the forwarding rule is where action must be taken...your email account is simply the recipient of the forwarding action. You also could consider a BIS filter to prevent these emails from arriving to your BB (assuming, of course, that there is some consistent component of the emails that can be used for the filter trigger).

So, do those guesses perhaps help? If not, then more details from you would help. For example, what email account of yours is this arriving to (not your email address please...just describe)? Is it a "hosted" email account of @bb or @carrier? Did you obtain this BB brand new or was it used?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I had bought this new on Amazon. It looked new and original coming out of the unopened box but one never really knows. I do not have a BB mail account. I have only a Gmail account. The mailbox for gmail contains only my gmail and my provider is correctly sending it to my PIN. The mailbox marked "Messages on my Torch receives both my email and the unwanted ones. The "to" address is this other persons and it is an AOL account. So it is being redirected by her BIS to my PIN I think.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

To clarify, emails don't get sent to any PIN. Rather, BIS pulls emails from an email server, and pushes them to the BB Messages app by virtue of that email account being integrated into the BB via BIS (e.g., the on-device email configuration wizard). So, if you have only your GMail integrated to this BB, then she must have some kind of forwarding rule sending her emails to your GMail (which would be quite odd indeed, I'd think)...but not to your BB PIN, for true emails don't get sent via PIN, only via email address.

Either that or this was not a new device but rather was used, and was not properly cleansed of all configurations before being resold...and you are the unlucky recipient of a sloppy seller not completing what they must do:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

To be sure, check inside of the email configuration wizard and see what you have there...if you have only your GMail account, then something truly odd is happening...and I'd recommend contacting the seller and enforcing them to live up to the "new" status that they represented it as (note that is what matters...packaging can always be made to look good...only the sellers representation matters).

You might try the buyer steps in the above KB...but, from what you describe, I honestly have very deep concerns now about the total utility of this device for you...it may never be properly and fully usable.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks . I will do that. Fast reponse is much appreciated although message is not good news.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

You are welcome.

FYI - Buying via the unauthorized channels is always risky...and indeed you likely also have no manufacturers warranty on this device (since those only transfer to the original purchaser who purchases via the authorized reseller channels). From all you've described, I deduce your purchase channel to be dubious at best. As with all things...buyer beware!

Good luck!